Office Administrator - Cumberland, RI
OFFICE ADMIN NEEDED
The Office Administrator is responsible for the daily management of the church office. This includes handling all incoming correspondence via phone, email, and postal mail, and ensuring that information is relayed in a timely manner to the appropriate person and/or groups. The Administrator also serves as the first point of contact for the church with visitors and community organizations, receiving all facility use requests and coordinating with the Trustees to schedule use of the facilities, as well as maintaining our working relationship with the on-site daycare. The Administrator supports the daily work of the Pastor and is responsible for the creation of the Sunday bulletins and other church related materials, as well as the management of multiple church databases. The Office Administrator must maintain confidentiality.
Related to Administration
Related to Ministry Support
- Receive incoming telephone calls and/or return messages and emails daily, ensuring information is passed along to the appropriate individuals and/or groups expediently and efficiently;
- Maintain both the online and hardcopy office calendars, working with the Pastor, Trustees, and other church groups to coordinate use of the facilities for weddings, funerals, and other church and/or community-wide activities;
- Process both incoming and outgoing postal mail;
- Communicate as needed with the Rhode Island Conference of the United Church of Christ;
- Order and maintain supplies for the main office and the Pastor’s office;
- Maintain petty cash.
Related to Worship Services
- Enter all financial contributions into the Church Helpmate database, as well as visitor and membership information, ensuring all information is kept current and confidential;
- Process paperwork for wedding, funeral, and baptismal requests as well as for incoming members and membership transfers;
- Contribute materials as needed to the weekly email church publication;
- Print and (e)mail quarterly financial statements;
- Provide general support to various church activities;
- Write and submit press releases for church events and seasonal worship services;
- Format and print the Congregational Annual Report.
- Format, print, and prepare weekly and seasonal worship bulletins for distribution;
- Work with Pastor as needed to create and/or secure other materials/props as needed for worship services, such as baptismal certificates, etc.;
- Provide a supportive and comforting presence to families seeking wedding and funeral services.
- Experience in managing a business office;
- Proficiency in typing;
- Proficiency or a readiness to learn Microsoft Office, Publisher, Church Helpmate, and other software programs related to helping the church expand and grow its ministry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to multi-task and to remain calm when working with differing opinions and competing interests;
- A shared care and concern for the mission and purpose of Four Corners Community Chapel.
Contact: Steven Hill
200 Angell Rd Cumberland RI 02864