Director of Child and Youth Ministries - Peace Dale, RI
Peace Dale Congregational Church
261 Columbia Street, Peace Dale RI 02879
Director of Child and Youth Ministries
Administer the Sunday school program and youth group, develop and administer a service-oriented youth mission program, and supervise the childcare provider.
The Interim Director of Child and Youth Ministries will work to provide a safe, secure, and nurturing learning environment in which all children and youth can grow their faith. The Director will incorporate the faith values of the United Church of Christ and the mission statement and values of Peace Dale Congregational Church into all educational programming.
Key Job Tasks
- Work with the Board of Christian Education and the Senior Minister to plan and develop Christian education and ministry programs for children and youth.
- Build a relational-based youth ministry at PDCC by meeting regularly with youth, encouraging participation in youth programming, and modeling Christ-like behaviors of patience and love.
- Administer and supervise an early childhood through high school Christian education program.
- Administer and supervise youth group programming for grades 6 through 12.
- Administer and supervise youth mission work at both the local and wider outreach levels.
- Supervise the childcare program.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Educational and/or seminary background preferred.
- Knowledge of, and agreement with, the statement of faith of the UCC and with the mission statement and values of PDCC.
- Experience working with children and youth. Must be able to work well with individuals and groups.
- Strong communication and computer skills including the use of social media.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- The ability to recruit, train, and work with volunteers.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing and carry automobile insurance.
- Have, or acquire within 60 days, pediatric CPR and first aid certification.
- Pass a background check.
- Part time; 20 hours per week.
- Be present on Sunday mornings.
- Attend all youth group activities.
- Chaperone all youth mission activities.
- Attend monthly Board of Christian Education meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Annual salary of $20,000.
To apply, send a resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Rev. Gary Bagley
261 Columbia Street Peace Dale RI 02879