Director of Music Ministry - Peace Dale, RI
Director of Music Ministry Job Description
April 16, 2019
Title:Director of Music Ministry
Employment Type: Part-time. 30 to 35 hours per week combined onsite/off site.
Start Date: June 18 (Negotiable)
Salary: $35,000 -Salary negotiable commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Supervisor: Senior Minister. Works in collaboration with the PDCC Music Board.
Purpose: The Director of Music Ministry works with the Senior Minister and Worship Team to develop rich worship experiences that engages the congregation in deeper relationship with God, empowering the congregation to express that faith in the world.
- Committed Christian and spiritual leader in word and deed.
- Comfortable with the Theology and mission of the Peace Dale Congregational Church.
- College degree or concentration in music, performance, or choral conducting (or comparable experience).
- 2+ years of experience in leading a church, school, or community choir and/or band. Experience with Youth is preferred.
- Sound organizational skills and program planning.
- Knowledge of the Liturgical year and music appropriate to each part of the year.
- Ability to vocalize and provide guidance on musical concepts and theory to all of the PDCC musical groups.
- Familiarity with a variety of music genres including faith-based Traditional and Contemporary Christian music.
- Flexibility with worship styles, innovations, and practices.
- Training and/or experience in worship planning/design (or willingness to be trained).
- Possess strengths in the areas of motivating others, community-building, and teamwork.
- Provide accompaniment on piano, keyboard, organ, or guitar.
- Recruit, lead and conduct choirs, ensembles, orchestral instruments and praise team band.
- Compose/arrange underscoring of varied worship elements, musical transitions, congregational music-making and simple series theme songs.
- Collaborate with audio-visual technicians by using the church’s A/V and other sound equipment and components.
- Direct the children’s, contemporary, and traditional choirs.
- Work in collaboration with Hand bell Choir Director and Church Organist and to Oversee those music ministries.
- Directing the musical environment of the worship experience.
- Selecting appropriate music in conjunction with the senior pastor and/or other worship leaders.
- Develop rapport among the choir singers and musicians.
- Offer a high-quality, varied music ministry that enhances weekly worship by creating a comprehensive music and worship experience.
- Assist in identifying and training volunteers and other resources for the music ministry.
- Attend staff meetings (biweekly), Music Committee Meetings (Monthly), Worship Team Meetings (TBD).
- Assist in planning and implementing various musical ministry events or special services that may fulfill our vision (i.e., Holy Week, Music Sunday, Christmas Eve and special services).
- Recruit and rehearse with guest artists as necessary.
- Maintain music library and appropriate licenses
- Right to first refusal for funerals and weddings (additional compensation may be available)
- Help choir members to develop their own musicianship toward personal excellence.
- The Board will work with the Director of Music to collaboratively and thoughtfully select music that represents the vision and mission of the church.
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Senior Minister.
- Maintain continuing education.
Application should include cover letter, resume, as well as names and phone numbers of three references, including at least one professional reference. Closing date for applications is Friday, May 17th. Applications can be submitted electronically to the PDCC Music Director Search Chairperson, Renee Lamontagne, at firstname.lastname@example.org
, OR, a printed version of the application materials can be sent to Renee’s attention to PDCC at: 261 Columbia St. Wakefield, RI 02879.
The interview process (interview and ‘mock rehearsal’) will be held between May 28-June 7.
Contact: Renee Lamontagne, Chair Search Music Team
261 Columbia Street Peaace Dale FL 02879